Once you have created a gradient in Adobe Illustrator, you can copy it and use it in Adobe InDesign.
- Make sure the color spaces in Illustrator and InDesign match (RGB or CMYK).
- Create a box in Illustrator and fill it with the gradient you want to use in InDesign.
- In Illustrator, select the box and “Copy” or “Cut” it.
- Now go to InDesign and “Paste” the box into your document.
- The gradient should now be in the color palette in InDesign.
You can’t use the Color Library Export Function in Illustrator and import that into InDesign to share gradients. That will only work with Solid or Process colors.
We hope this helps!